Renaissance Hotels & Chef Andrew Zimmern are back with a second serving of the original digital series “The Navigator’s Table”
Bethesda, Maryland – 18 October 2017 –
Renaissance Hotels announced the premiere of its second season of “The Navigator’s Table,” an original video series featuring four-time James Beard award winner and Renaissance Hotels’ global navigator, Andrew Zimmern. The unscripted series travels to Charleston, New York City and Dubai, and taps an eclectic list of notable chefs and culinary influencers to uncover the soul of the neighborhood.
As an imaginative extension of “The Navigator’s Table,” Renaissance Hotels will host a series of exclusive dinners at the brand’s hotels around the world, beginning the week of November 6th, inspiring stories worth re-telling for guests and locals alike.
“Following the success of its first season, we knew there would be appetite for season two, both digitally, and in real life; so we are delighted to bring the spontaneity and complete sensory experience of Navigator’s Table to our guests around the world through this exclusive and immersive dinner series,” said George Fleck, Vice President, Global Brand Marketing & Management, Renaissance Hotels.
“Unusual is my business; the more unscripted the better,” added Zimmern. “Renaissance Hotels is the perfect partner because they really give their guests a license to play, inviting them to go off the beaten path and experience the unexpected.”
As the global Navigator for Renaissance Hotels – the brand’s twist on the traditional hotel concierge – Zimmern brings his unique and adventurous culinary perspective to stimulate colorful and captivating conversation about food and the following cities:
- At the new, highly-anticipated Renaissance Hotel Downtown, Dubai, Zimmern is joined by Masaharu Morimoto (chef, restaurateur and Iron Chef – who also will open a restaurant atop the Dubai hotel), Noor Tehini (managing editor, Savoir Flair), Dalia Dogmoch (chef and author), and Arva Ahmed (co-founder of Frying Pan Adventures and culinary tour guide), Aida Al Busaidy(Emirati and Communications Expert), among others. The group explores the local neighborhood, including Dubai’s spice souk, tastes camel milk gelato, and talks hand-dining etiquette over lunch at a local tea house. At dinner, Zimmern and his guests dig into a whole roasted goat while discussing the destination’s unique Emirati culture and approach to hospitality.
- At the recently renovated Renaissance Charleston Historic District Hotel, Zimmern enjoys Southern comfort at a potluck dinner featuring delicious dishes like caviar paired with lemon and oyster vichyssoise, seafood, and peaches with shishito peppers and pecan granola. Special guests include Mike Lata (chef/partner, FIG Restaurant, The Ordinary), Elise Testone (singer, American Idol finalist), David DiBenedetto (editor in chief, Garden & Gun magazine), Kevin Johnson (owner, The Grocery) and Taneka Reaves and Johnny Caldwell (the Cocktail Bandits). They also sampled classic foods from Jestine’s Kitchen, Xiao Bao Biscuit and Hannibal’s Kitchen.
- At Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel in NYC, Zimmern explores the Garment District’s hidden foodie gems over a mouthwatering menu of geoduck, shabu-shabu, black bean baby back ribs and boneless chicken feet with guests Christian Siriano (fashion designer and author), Nilou Motamed (global food and travel leader), Miles Chamley-Watson (Olympic fencer and medalist), Adam Richman (TV personality and author), Katsuji Tanabe (chef, restaurateur and Top Chef alum) and Alex Stupak (chef and restaurateur).
Spontaneous and designed to excite all the senses, the global dinner series is inspired by art and architecture as well as the sights and sounds of each destination. For instance:
- The Renaissance Hotel in Montreal will host a twist on a “Dîner en Blanc,” rather inspired by the bold colors of the destination where every element of the dinner is curated and monochrome.
- Similarly in Hamburg, Renaissance Hamburg Hotel will capture the essence of the city’s vibrant art scene and gorgeous city waterway bridges with beautiful blue food art. The dinner is set to create an experience based on Hamburg’s nautical features.
- In London, St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel will take guests on a culinary journey through music, each dish informed by and complemented by live music ranging from swinging 60s Jazz to disco; whereas in Barcelona, the dinner will be inspired by the renowned architects and artists of Spain, encouraging guests to create ‘Instagram-worthy plated dishes, but an equally delicious meal.