41% of consumers find deals top differentiator: Accenture
Accenture Hospitality recently surveyed 12,867 customers in 32 different countries about how they choose which hotel to stay at and found that price played a more prominent role in consumers’ purchasing decisions than in other industries.
Accenture’s findings included:
- 41% of customers find offers (deals) as a top differentiator when choosing a hotel
- Hotel and lodging customers show the highest inclination to shop for better deals (45%) alongside retailing
- The majority of customers surveyed (62%) did consider two or more companies or did not have a precise idea ? highest proportion across industries
- 79% of customers made their hotel & travel bookings online, a 7% increase compared to last year
- 41% of consumers use their mobile device frequently for online search of products and services, and 33% eventually used these devices to make online purchases. Convenience, faster use and better price are drivers of this choice
- Hotels and lodging customers have the highest satisfaction level (36%), intent to buy more from their providers (24%) and advocacy (32%) of all sectors covered
- Overall satisfaction with hoteland lodging companies is in line with last year?s broader travel and tourism category while customer satisfaction appears slightly higher in mature markets, though large country variations still apply
- Convenience, customer service and service quality drive satisfaction most while a skilled workforce and product range are also deemed to be equally important by customers
- While a decrease across all industries in the delivery of tailored experience was felt by customers, hotel and lodging companies are considered at the top compared to all other sectors in terms of customer experience
Click here to read more.